Sunday, May 27, 2007

 

Elliot's Persuasive (Value)


Comments:
Actually, I didn’t arrange the notes in the same size. Eye contact wasn’t enough in this speech. Besides, I had found many pictures of statistics, but I couldn’t find some of the pictures of the statistics I would mention, thus, finally I decided to put the most important picture of the statistics in the slide. However, the content of the slide wasn’t plentiful.
At the beginning, I pointed out the problems in Taiwan. I raised the question, “Do you want to be the next one to commit suicide?”, it seemed the question made some audiences laugh, in other words, I gathered their attention well.
Later, I introduced the topic by “The fastest and most efficient method is to emigrate.” I provide the audience the statistic of the official document. These sources were credible, especially I said, “In terms of Human Development Report 2006, The United Nations ranked Norway as the best country to live in for a sixth consecutive year.” I think no one doubted this data, and it really proved my value.
I offered so many statistics, when I read the draft at home, sometimes I felt a little bored to listen to so this numbers. By the way, I sweated a lot, it didn’t look good.
All in all, the content was good enough to persuade people, but I ignore an important problem, language, on purpose. Maybe at that time, nobody would consider this problem, but afterward, they would find it
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?